Utterly delicious and thoroughly simple to make, sausage rolls are a perfect snack, side or main event – so we thought we would take you through the Edwards way of how to make sausage rolls.
How to make sausage rolls
- Crush garlic and salt into a paste and Mix together with the parsley and stir in 50ml cold water.
- Mix with our Traditional Sausage Meat.
- Unroll the puff pastry onto a floured surface and cut in half lengthways.
- Divide the sausage mixture in two and spread along the length of each pastry strip in a cylinder shape, leaving a 1cm edge. Tightly roll the pastry around the sausage meat and brush the ends with the beaten egg to secure.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each roll into 10 pieces, each about 2.5cm long, and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush more egg all over the pastry. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25mins until the pastry is puffed and golden and the meat has cooked through.
- Remove and eat hot or cold. You can also make these sausage rolls in advance and freeze them before cooking, simply add 10mins to cooking time above.
You can read the full recipe here – with a list of ingredients.
Other ways to rock and sausage roll
With all simple recipes, there are always plenty of delicious ways to jazz them up – and the classic sausage roll is ready and waiting for our culinarily creativity.
Here are some ways we found:
Garland sausage roll slice (BBC Good Food) – think half scotch egg and half sausage roll – only a lot posher, thanks to the quail eggs.
Sausage, apple & sage roll (BBC Good Food) – crispy filo pastry filled with sausage meat, sage and chunks of juicy apple makes a simple yet tasty weeknight supper.
Tear and share sausage roll (Olive Magazine) – perk up your party buffet with an epic sausage roll and camembert wheel
Sausage twist (Olive Magazine) – a show-stopping tear and share sausage roll twist
You can find more recipes ideas and inspiration on our recipes page.
Our browse our products here.