Who we are and why we care about our customers data…
The Traditional Welsh Sausage Company Ltd is a private company registered in England and Wales, company number 03699399. Our registered office is; The Traditional Welsh Sausage Company Ltd, 18 High St, Conwy, LL32 8DE.
Here at The Traditional Welsh Sausage Company Ltd we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers, we take your privacy very seriously. This document explains how we collect, store and handle your personal data.
For the purpose of this document the data controller is The Traditional Welsh Sausage Company Ltd (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”). We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
The purpose of this policy is to:
• set out the types of personal data that we collect
• explain how and why we collect and use your personal data
• explain when and why we will share personal data and with other organisations
• explain the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
This Policy applies to you if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
- Visiting our website
- Taking part in promotions & competitions
- Contacting us with a query or feedback about any of our services, this includes contacting us online, in person, over the phone or anywhere where this Policy is posted.
- Entering our recruitment process
Personal Data we collect and who we share this with (by service)
When you use our services, you may provide us with your personal details, including your full name, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth and title. In addition to this you may provide the specific information for the services listed below. This information may be shared with the respective third parties (also listed below).
When you use our website, we may collect:
• Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Website
• Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
This information may be shared with: Our website developers, Google Analytics and our chosen courier company. *
When you take part in promotions & competitions we may collect:
• Circumstantial personal data specific to the promotions / competition format, for example you may be asked to share an image, make a comment or give feedback.
This information may be shared with: Our chosen courier company. *
When you contact us with a query (or if we contact you) or when you take part surveys or questionnaires about our services, we may collect:
• Circumstantial personal data you provide about yourself in relation to the query
• Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
When you enter our recruitment process, we may collect:
- Job position applied for
- Home address
- Details on your education & qualifications
- Previous & current employment details (incl. pay)
- Health and driving information
- The contact details of your references
- Your signature
- Other information as provided within your CV (if applicable)
This information may be shared with: Our sister company Edwards of Conwy Ltd. *
How and why we use your personal data
- To enable you to access our services.
- To enable us to provide you with the highest possible level of customer service.
- To carry out market research to better understand your views on our products and services.
- To manage and improve our day to day operations.
- To carry out internal research to improve the range of products offered and associated products and services we can offer you and to help identify new products and services we may wish to offer in the future.
- To manage promotions, competitions and any other marketing activity you may take part in.
- To verify your identity
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities (and to assist regulators, trade bodies and law enforcement agencies in relation to the same)
- To comply with the law
When we share your personal data with 3rd party organisations
*We may share your personal data with other organisations (which are specific to the product/service you are receiving as listed above), as well as some general core service providers such as IT/Security companies or similar. We will only send our service providers the personal data that they need to fulfil their service to us, this includes the transfer of information between ourselves and our sister company “Edwards of Conwy Ltd.”.
In addition to this we may also share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data.
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights and property.
- As part of the purchase, merger or reorganisation of the business. The organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us; or to any other successors in title to our business.
Protection of your personal data
We know how important it is to securely store, protect and manage your personal data. We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. To ensure internal confidentiality we only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities, we use full login and password controls on our computer systems.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. We will put in place appropriate protection to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with this Policy.
Our Legal basis for collecting data
we only ever collect and process data under one of the following lawful bases:
(a) Consent: you the individual have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you the individual, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
(c) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
(d) Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
(e) Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
(f) Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect you the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
External links within our website
Google analytics & Cookies in relation to our website
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement or any other action taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions, as well as the privacy policies, held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due diligence in regard to their own privacy and personal details. The Traditional Welsh Sausage Company Ltd may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question when such buttons are clicked upon. We advise users that using such social sharing buttons is at the user’s discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
The Traditional Welsh Sausage Company Ltd may share web links to relevant web pages through our social media accounts. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL’s (web addresses) to shorter formats. Users are advised to take caution and make a judgement before clicking any shortened URL’s published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URL’s are published, many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking, and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Competitions on Social Media Platforms
From time to time we may run promotional activity / competitions via our social media platforms. Users entering such activities will have their public screen name shared and be contacted via the social media platform in question for the sole purpose of notifying the winner. Each promotion/competition will be served with its own terms and conditions, the data we collect is outlined earlier on in this document (See earlier section “Personal Data we collect and who we share this with (by service)”).
The Recruitment Process
The information collected during the recruitment process (see “Personal Data we collect and who we share this with (by service)”) is done so in order to carry out the necessary processing required for recruitment under the legal basis of legitimate interests. This information will be used for the purpose or recruitment within The Traditional Welsh Sausage Company and its Sister Company (Edwards of Conwy Ltd) only.
If your application for employment is successful, any personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your Human Resources file and retained for the duration of your employment (and in some cases beyond), you will be provided with a staff privacy notice outlining this.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will hold your data on file for (up to) 4 weeks after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If you authorise us to do so (using a tick box) then we will keep your personal data on file for (up to) a further 5 months for consideration for future employment opportunities. At the end of that total period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data will be securely destroyed. You can contact us to withdraw your consent at any time. Opting not to provide this consent will not have an adverse effect on your application.
As an individual you have the following rights in relation to your personal information, as outlined by the ICO (information Commissioner’s Office):
- Your right to be informed
- Your right of access
- Your right to rectification
- Your right to erasure – (also known as your right ‘to be forgotten’)
- Your right to restrict processing
- Your right to transfer your personal data (known as data portability)
- Your right to object
- Your right to object and your rights related to automated decision making and profiling
For more information on your rights as an individual please visit the ICO’s website.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at any time using the details below:
Write to us at: The Traditional Welsh Sausage Company Ltd , Units 1 & 2 CRWST Business Park Ffordd Sam Pari, Conwy LL32 8HH
This policy was last reviewed and approved on 13/03/2018