Serves: 1 Time: 9-11 mins
The gammon steak is a British classic, most often served with egg and chips. Our Very Large Gammon Steak is a versatile ingredient in its own right, but here’s how to cook gammon steak simply and deliciously.
How to cook gammon steaks
We think the best way to cook our Very Large Gammon Steak is to pan fry it, as this allows more caramelisation, but grilling still results in a tasty and succulent eat. To pan fry, follow the steps below.
- 1 Edwards Very Large Gammon Steak
- Season the Very Large Gammon Steak on both sides.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the steak in the pan once it has reached cooking temperature - the steak should sizzle immediately.
- Cook for around 10 minutes, turning occasionally to get a nice colour on both sides.
- Serve with eggs and chips for the classic recipe.